Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tom Morello - Union Song May Day 2007 Rally


By now you kinda might get the idea that I am a big fan of Rage Against The Machine. Tom Morello plays lead guitar with Rage. Here is a great solo performance at the big rally in LA before the pigs went nutz. I haven't stopped listening to Tom's new album The Nightwatchman since I got it. I've noticed on YouTube in some of the comments of the videos that a few folks are comparing Toms voice to Johnny Cash and I disagree. On the slower songs I hear the haunting tones of Leonard Cohen. However, Tom has his found own voice and has written some great protest lyrics. You won't hear these songs on any Clear Channel Radio station. Tom also has a site worth checking out, Axis of Justice, with lots of updates on protests and great pod casts. Tom and Zack de la Rocha (lead sing of Rage) have been supporting The Coalition of Immokalee Workers . The coalition have victories against McDonalds and Taco Bell, and are now taking on Burger King. Please check out the websites and give a listen to Tom's Album. Who said protest music is dead.

No comments: