Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm Gonna Say It Now

For Brian Williams
Oh I am just a Blogger sir, and only want to Post
But it's hard to write through the risin' smoke from the spin
that you like to burn
So I'd like to make a promise and I'd like to a vow
That when I've got something to say, sir, I'm gonna say it now

Verse rewritten from a Phil Ochs song, I am Going To Say It Now.

There have been many attacks on bloggers by main stream media types like Brian Williams. I haven't really paid much attention to those spin doctors since Uncle Walter retired. I'm talking bout Network News Shows here, Not the cable networks. These spin doctors work for large corporations like GE and Disney that own their asses. One bad screw up like Imus and their gone. Sure, some of them have worked their way up the ladder from one of those local city news shows and they can be admired for that. It's the same old story though, some always forget where they came from and cave into the blindness of corporation spin and rule. I never had a thought in my head about this blog or my writing becoming more than anything than what it is - A place where this one dyslexic SOB can write what he wants, when he wants, about what he wants and tell it like he sees it. So Brian and others like you, When I got something to say, I'm going to say it now.

No comments: