Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A few of my thoughts on Racism Part 1

It seems that this Imus thing has brought some things about race to the forefront. This can be a good thing or it can divide us more. As Spirit and I observe on paltalk, when a person of color wants to talk about something as meaningful as racism she gets shot down and ridiculed. This is not the first time that this has happened. In fact it happens a lot. You might be shaking your head and saying, Wolf Paltalk is a chat program. True, however many of us who use that chat program view it as a microcosm of the real world. Perhaps it is easier to talk about your true feelings when you are hiding behind a computer monitor. I'll talk about real life in awhile but let me finish this rant about the internet here.

As I've mentioned before, I have been on the net in chat rooms for many years. This racist and bigoted behavior is nothing new. I agree with Spirit wholeheartedly that this blog should be used to fight hate. If you go back and read many of the earlier posts and look at some of the videos you can see I have been trying hard to express my thoughts on this subject.

I spend 99% of my time on Paltalk in the political section. There are times I wish people would talk about other things than the Israel-Palestine Issue. Sometimes there are topics that are just as important. When people try to bring them up they get shot down. A great example of this is my post called Orphans in a Storm. I wish people could remember to say Zionist Jews instead of using the term Jew all the time. I wish people could stop hating all Jews because of what Israel is doing to the Middle East. I wish some people would listen to my Native brothers and sisters with an open mind, instead of just giving us lip service. I wish that some folks would get over the idea that their country is the best damm country in the world that never does anything wrong. I wish the hate would stop. As John Lennon once sang, You many call me a dreamer but I know I'm not the only one.

No comments: