Thursday, December 14, 2006

Street Rant

Here's another old one from the time machine. I wrote this when I was involved in a Flame War on a local BBS. The Neo-Cons just wouldn't let up and at the time I felt this was a great answer.
_____________________________________________________________________

At a Trail in Chicago Abbie Hoffman Said:
I am an orphan of Amerika.
I live in Woodstock Nation.
It is a Nation of Alienated Young People.
We carry it around with us as a state of mind, in the same way the
Sioux Indians carried the Sioux nation with them. It is a nation of
cooperation versus competition. It is in my mind as well as the
minds of my brothers and sisters.
I am a child of the 60s.
I was born psychologically, 1960.
I am a cultural revolutionary.


At the same Trail Jerry Rubin said:
A father tells his son, Respect me or else. That's what Amerika told
its youth, Respect us or else.
The kids grow up saying, I'm not going to Respect you or else.
When you go around killing black people.
I am not going to Respect You!


Bob Dylan once said "your sons and your daughters are beyond your
command"

Those were trying times. Abbie is Dead and Jerry sold out. I stood
beside those men, many times on the streets of NYC. I have not
forgotten where I was and where I have been. My mind will never let
me forget the abuses and death I have seen. Weather it was in Nam,
in Amerika or in the streets today.
I also have not forgotten where I am going.


As Abbie said, I live in Woodstock Nation.
I do not have time for your put downs, your name calling and your
lies. Look for me on the street helping to start a revolution, to
overthrow pigs like you, you who can never understand what is like
to be poor or be of another race or color.
You who Rant on and on about how bad things are, but do nothing
about it.
And when the Revolution comes and you lose everything you have,
you'll be there asking for help from those same folks you put down.
Don't expect it and don't say I didn't warn you.
So go a head, make fun, tell your lies
Theres revolution in the air.....

No comments: