Thursday, December 14, 2006

Flashback

A little poem written while I was thinking about some really good times!

Flashback!
to the winter of Blonde on Blonde
Walkn' down St. Marks Place
with our Pea Coats on
an long paisley scarf's
wrapped around our necks
to protect us from
the winter cold.

98 St. Marks Place
5th floor walk up
had a whole crew live'n with me
in a 3 room flat
called ourselves the Surviving Few
I worked as photographer
paid the rent
scored the drugs for everyone

Visions of Johanna played softly
on the beat up victrola
Sandy sleeping soundly
lying next to me
while Jorn and Cher made
love in the other room
and me being wide awake
listening to the steam pipes cough
Little runaway Lee
13 year old speed freak junky
warn'n me not to
mess with those Black Beauties
and it was much later
that I learned the lesson
of The Needle and the Damage Done

No comments: