Monday, May 5, 2008

In Memory Of Sophie

SummerLand Dreaming
by Emma Mavin

I would dance within the Northern Lights
And shine my shadow upon the seas
And fly on scented wings of gold,
Windswept on the summer breeze.

I would fly to the land beyond the seas
Where the North wind cannot blow
With a jewelled casket upon my arm
And the essence of the summer glow.

To that land where neither Pain nor Fear
Has a murky footprint left
Nor Anger shed his borrowed cloak
To weave a path for Death.

Where the Star Queen watches through the night
Her children laugh and play
And covers them with her shining gaze
Until the break of day.

Where the Summer Maid, with golden hair,
Laughs and sings with us
Where all cares are forsaken,
In pleasure wonderous.

Winter does not stalk beneath
Her jewelled eyes that shine
It is summer there for evermore
In the land where lives this heart of mine.

And this is Summerland afar
Where I spent a childhood dreaming
Flying on swift silvered feet
With jewelled brow gleaming.

Long lost it is to me now
Gone back from whence it came
I search through all the clouded skies
'Till I find my land again.

Then will I dance upon the skies
And sail a silver ship
Through seas as yet untravelled
And with waters yet undippt.

One day soon I will find the path
Which Summer trailed before
And follow to its scented shores,
There to live for evermore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful poem and the pic reminds me of Atlantis.
I am wondering who Sophie is or was?

Art L aka Wolfdancer said...

Sophie was a member of the Pagan community on MocoSpace.com who died the other day. She will be missed :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining Wolf.
it is very sad when we lose some one we care about or love.