Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Stranger


As I walk this city as a stranger in a strange land
as sidewalks crumble beneath my feet as buildings blaze in the
bright afternoon sunlight
as people scurry about like robots out of control
I have no time to worry or question
What I'm doing here?


A spirit of the mist and mountain
lost among these archaic ruins
of human toil and trouble
I came in search of peace
and found a land lost
in suffering, strife and war


You who destroy with your weapons of mysterious might
You who destroy with chemicals
that pray on the poor and forsaken
as you sit by and watch
and you don't give a damm
as you fail to inspire hope
in the so called lower class
Its so easy for you to place the blame
Its so easy for you to look into faces with no names
Its so easy for you as you while away in your riches
and its so easy for you not to care
as you destroy, plunder and rape
these people, these lands, this earth
As you sit back and throw your
castoff crumbs at humanity


I am a spirit of the mist and mountain
I have no time for your games of war
destruction and inhumanity
I can only hope and pray that someday
(and pray that it comes soon)
Your time will come to and end
and the people will rise up
to take back their plundered land
to awake to a new hope
So I nevermore have to be
A stranger in a strange land

No comments: