Friday, June 15, 2007

Employee Service Awards Night


Once a year Mercy has an awards night dinner for some of it's employees. I usually don't go to these things but this one was right down the block from my apartment. So I said what the heck, It was a free meal. The young lady standing next to me is OSN's Social Worker Ms Stephanie who was nominated for a special award. Good going girl. I am holding my fifteen year award. Not seen is my fellow out reach worker and medical van driver Mark who got the thirty year award. In my years of service to the community I have received a number of awards and stuff. None of it decorates my walls because awards are not what it's about - It's about helping people in need. I was there there once and this is the way I pay back people who were there for me when I was down and out.

No comments: